Helpful Rules Reminders (Commonly Missed Rules)
Before Reading Below
Lose vs. Pay
The distinction between "lose" and "pay" is important.
- "Your first encounter cards" --- should not be used in the main game as they have no level indicator.
- "If you don’t like your starting hand, you can discard it and draw a new hand with one less card. You may repeat this until you only have one card left in your hand."---rules pg. 14 and 18
- Escaping Combat requires you to lose 1 Energy and receive the Opportunity Attack!---rules pg. 14
- If an Encounter or a card played tells you to lose [red cubes] and you don't have enough, you must discard cards from your hand for each excess point.---rules pg. 16
- If you're told to discard cards from your hand and you don't have enough to cover the discard, you have to discard cards from the top of your deck.---rules pg. 16